(Photo LOF - innocent tomatoe quiche)
There must be a million recipes for tomatoe quiche.
After having tried several (anything to use up our tomatoes) I have decided that the most important thing is the ...tomatoes.
It doesn't matter which type of pie crust, liquid cream or crème fraiche, mustard or thyme, oignons or garlic.
Its the tomatoes that count -good tasty ripe tomatoes.
So my recipe is :
- buy a pie crust (you can find good ones almost anywhere , even here),
- put it in the oven at 200 for about 5 min.
- take it out cover the bottom in lots of good dijon mustard,
- put in your diced delicious tomatoes and sprinkle LOTS of fresh thyme,
- mix 2 eggs & cream, then pour on top,
- cover with grated emmenthal and into the oven for about 25 minutes.
I freeze them so as to have lots of easy meals
I don't have to think about ahead of time.
(Photo LOF - a guilty tomatoe quiche behind bars)